Learn about the scientists that make up the Wennberg research group!
The Carbon Cycle
Learn about how we infer the global distribution of greenhouse gases.
Learn how we study the transformation of the trace gases in our atmosphere.
- Congratulations to Josh Laughner for his new position as Scientist II at JPL, where he will be working on greenhouse gas and multi-species air pollutant retrievals!
- Congratulations to Dr. Hannah Allen for successfully defending her thesis "Constraining the Formation and Fate of Hydroperoxides in the Remote Atmosphere" on May 19th!
- Congratulations to Dr. Sophia Charan of the Seinfeld lab for successfully defending her thesis "Secondary Organic Aerosol Formation from Volatile Chemical Products: Understanding Aerosol Yields and Dynamics" on May 21st!
- Check out Krystal Vasquez's recent interview on NPR Short Wave about the experience of disabled scientists in STEM. Congratulations!
- Congratulations to Lu Xu on his new job as a Research Scientist in the NOAA Chemical Sciences Laboratory. We will miss you Lu!
Selected Recent Publications
Rapid hydrolysis of tertiary isoprene nitrate efficiently removes NOx from the atmosphere Vasquez et al., Geophys. Res. Lett., 2020.
Impacts of Traffic Reductions Associated with COVID‐19 on Southern California Air Quality Parker et al., Geophys. Res. Lett., 2020.
New Insights into the Radical Chemistry and Product Distribution in the OH-Initiated Oxidation of Benzene Xul et al., Environ. Sci. Tech., 2020.
How bias correction goes wrong: measurement of XCO2 affected by erroneous surface pressure estimates Kiel et al., Atmos. Meas. Tech., 2019.
Unimolecular Reactions of Peroxy Radicals Formed in the Oxidation of α-pinene and β-pinene by Hydroxyl Radicals Xu et al., J. Phys. Chem. A, 2019
Intramolecular Hydrogen Shift Chemistry of Hydroperoxy-Substituted Peroxy Radicals Praske et al., J. Phys. Chem. A, 2018.
Low-pressure gas chromatography with chemical ionization mass spectrometry for quantification of multifunctional organic compounds in the atmosphere Vasquez et al., Atmos. Meas. Tech., 2018.
Southern California megacity CO2, CH4, and CO flux estimates using ground- and space-based remote sensing and a Lagrangian model Hedelius et al., Atmos. Chem. Phys., 2018.